Improve Your Diet By Avoiding These 5 Food Additives
The best way to improve your diet is by consuming whole foods. When this isn’t possible, do your best to avoid the following 5 food additives.
- Refined Sugar – This includes not only white sugar but also sweeteners like high fructose corn syrup. Added sugars contain no nutritional value whatsoever and are pure empty calories.
- Artificial Colors – These are chemical compounds made from coal-tar derivatives. They can cause allergic reactions, skin rashes and headaches.
- Artificial Flavors – Pure chemistry. Have been linked to allergic reactions, asthma, hyperactivity and more.
- Benzoate Preservatives – These chemicals work to prevents fats from becoming rancid. They can impact estrogen levels, and can lead to hyperactivity, dermatitis and tumors.
- Brominated Vegetable Oil – Works to boost flavor in citrus-based drinks and beverages. Can contribute to liver damage, thyroid and kidney issues.