Fighting food cravings? Cravings are more important than we might think. They are the body’s method of telling you it is in need. Here are some typical food cravings, and what they can mean:
- Salt – Mineral deficiencies or dehydration. (The body will crave salt to help retain water)
- Sugar – Sugar cravings can be caused by protein or amino acids deficiencies, or the need for body or brain fuel.
- Alcohol – Alcohol cravings can be caused by poor sugar metabolism, protein deficiency, or the need for body or brain fuel.
- Bread or Pasta – Unbalanced blood sugar levels or the presence of an infection in the body.
- Cheese – The body is lacking essential fatty acids, protein or amino acids.
- Spicy Food – Your body is seeking vitamins and minerals, especially zinc.
- Ice – Ice cravings can be caused by iron deficiencies, and the need for B6 or B12.
What cravings do you battle? Let us know if supplementation or nutrition has helped.