Did you know that fat loss and weight loss are two different things? Fat loss involves the use of proper training and nutrition, and creates the amazing bodies you seen on bodybuilders, fitness models and even Hollywood stars. Weight loss is usually backed by sub-par nutrition and/or fad diets along with ineffective (or no) training.
Let’s look at the some of the differences between weight loss and fat loss.
- With weight loss you lose fat and muscle mass. With fat loss you lose fat and very little to no muscle mass.
- Fat loss creates an increase in fitness, while weight loss usually results in the same, or worse fitness levels.
- Fat Loss will allow you to maintain, or even build strength in some cases. Weight loss results in the loss of strength.
- Fat loss increases or maintains your existing immunity levels, and improves disease prevention. Weight loss can decrease your immunity levels.
- When you lose fat and maintain muscle, you loss far better after your “diet” is over. When you lose fat and muscle – weight loss – you will look thinner but far from toned.