If you’re looking to build up your chest (pectorals), you can’t do wrong with the following 5 muscle building exercises. While it is hard to compile a top 5 for chest, because there are so many quality exercises, these movements are definitely very potent and well worth your time.
- Bench Press – The bench press is the king of all chest movements. While there is some debate to whether it is the best chest exercise, it certainly allows for the greatest amount of resistance.
- Dumbbell Bench Press – A top quality chest builder that works well with volume and slightly higher rep ranges. A good 5 set x 10 rep workout will leave your chest very sore the next day.
- Dips – Some consider the chest dip to be an old school and dated exercise, but not so. Dips were once considered the upper body squat for a very good reason.
- Incline Bench Press – Many top physique stars and bodybuilders considered the incline bench press to be the king of all chest builders.
- Dumbbell Flyes – Flyes are the go to isolation movement for the chest. Try them with a 2, 3 or even 4 second pause at the bottom for extra intensity.
Which chest exercises are your favorites? Let us know in the comments section below.