Back training is often an afterthought. The go to back exercise for most gym lifters is the lat pull down. While this isn’t a bad exercise there are much better ways to build an impressive back. Here are 5 back exercises well worth your time.
- Deadlifts – Often avoided or seen strictly as a lower back exercise, deadlifts are one of the best ways to build huge traps, spinae erectors and general back size.
- Barbell Rows – The perfect complement to heavy bench presses, barbell rows are one of the best ways to build mid-back thickness.
- Pull Ups – Hands down the best exercise you can perform for lat thickness. Choose pull ups first before lat pull downs.
- Seated Cable Rows – An underrated movement, seated cable rows allow you to work the mid-back while reducing the strain put on the lower back. You are also able to achieve a quality contraction with this movement.
- T-Bar Rows – Old school but effective, T-bar rows are a great way to cap off a quality back workout
Which back exercises are your favorites? Let us know in the comments section below.