One of the best ways to maintain your training motivation is by setting realistic, but challenging goals. When it comes to arm building, it seems everyone claims 19-20″ arms. Despite this chest pumping, these numbers are far from reality.
Here is a simple method for determining reasonable arm building goals for the natural trainee: take your wrist measurement and add 10″ to 10.5″. The resulting number should yield a 16.5″ to 18″ arm size or more, depending on your current bodyfat levels.
You can also refer to the following chart to determine your arm size potential after taking a wrist measurement.
- 6.25″ Wrist – 16.25″ arm size goal
- 6.5″ Wrist – 16.5″ arm size goal
- 6.75″ Wrist – 16.75″ arm size goal
- 7.0″ Wrist – 17.0″ arm size goal
- 7.25″ Wrist – 17.25″ arm size goal
- 7.5″ Wrist – 17.50″ arm size goal
What size are your arms? Let us know in the comments section below.