If you’re looking to improve overall health, here are 5 superfoods you probably never eat. Each of these are packed with nutritious, and offer numerous health improving benefits.
- Bamboo Shoots – Bamboo shoots are high fiber, low-calorie and packed with anti-oxidants. They are an easy addition to salads.
- Pumpkin Seeds – Pumpkin seeds are not only high protein, but they have also been shown to reduce LDL, which are your harmful cholesterol levels. Like bamboo shoots, pumpkin seeds can easily be added to salads.
- Swiss Chard – Loaded with potassium, Swiss chard helps to restore a better potassium/sodium balance. Maintaining a proper potassium/sodium balance is an essential when trying to battle high blood pressure.
- Kiwi – If you are looking to increase your vitamin C intake, make sure to grab a few kiwis from the grocery store. Kiwis have more vitamin C than oranges or grapefruits.
- Beets – Beet consumption has been linked to lower levels of homocysteine, and as a result, lower incidences of heart disease.
Do you eat any of these foods? If so, share you favorite recipes or uses below…